With many properties coming on the market in the next few weeks it’s a great time to review your dream home ‘must have checklist’. To be sure you have picked a good investment suburb keep the following features in mind when you are looking:
- Café & Retail outlets – are these nearby? For example the redevelopment at Westfield Innaloo will be a great cash injection for Innaloo and the surrounding suburbs.
- Public Open Spaces – how close is the home to parks, beaches & the river? A good example of this is Nedlands with an abundance of parks, open spaces and on the Swan River.
- Public transport – accessibility to train stations, bus stops & well-connected roads?
- Schools – what is the school catchment area? How close is this suburb to primary and high schools and will other families see this as a benefit?
- Employment – being close to employment hubs to make travelling into work as easy and quick as possible?
- Rezoning opportunities – it is important to be across all aspects of rezoning in your area of choice. A simple phone call to the council or your local sales agent will point you in the right direction.
Nedlands for example, ticks all the boxes above and thus has a compound growth rate of 2.6% per annum – which in this market is fantastic (source: realestate.com.au).
The full article detailing the above can be read at https://bit.ly/2PgkVgV
Any comments please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org