A fresh lick of paint, a clean floor underfoot and a modern looking bathroom may seem like minor home updates but their impact on the value of your home is more than you might think! See below for a few tips:
- A fresh coat of paint or “liquid gold” – In addition to the home smelling new and looking clean, a fresh a coat of paint can increase your property value and make your home more appealing to a wide range of buyers. This transformation is referred to as “liquid gold” and you will reap the financial rewards when it comes to the sale.
- Bathroom tiles – this doesn’t have to be too costly and it will greatly increase your homes worth. If you are on a budget you can freshen the look with tile paint or by tile resurfacing. Tile paint and laminate primer (the undercoat) should only cost a few hundred dollars and you’ll be able to convert your bathroom in a couple of days and instantly make it look more modern — and in turn, make it more valuable.
- Kitchen cabinets – Instead of a complete renovation, I suggest you look into painting the cabinets with a neutral colour which will also modernise the look of your kitchen.
- Lighting – Lights are important as they “showcase” your floors, walls and furniture, so make sure they shine bright and look attractive! Simply replacing old lighting fixtures with good-quality lighting can add value to your home.
- Flooring – If your properties floor coverings are dated and run down, you should consider updating them prior to putting your home on the market. If the carpet is old, I recommend you consider pulling that out and polishing the floor boards underneath. Or another cost effective solution is to replace the carpet with a new modern carpet and it will really make a room feel fresh and clean.
There’s many more tips where these came from and in a few weeks I have a wonderful home launching where the owner took my advice and I can’t wait to show you the before and after photos.
Feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on how to best prepare your home for sale that will help increase your sale price.
Space Real Estate